Fishing In Wales COVID-19 Guidance
Coronavirus rules in Wales must be considered by anglers, these are different to England.
Wales is in Alert Level ZERO
More information on Covid alert levels here.
Key points for anglers:
– Anglers residing in Wales can travel freely to go fishing. Cross border travel is allowed, so anglers from England can visit Wales to fish and vice versa.
– Residents and visitors can book accommodation, including Self catering, Hotels, B&B’s and Campsites. Indoor hospitality is open, including pubs and restaurants.
– Fisheries run as businesses (classed as outdoor sports facilities) are open. Night fishing is allowed in Wales. Charter boats are classed as ‘outdoor attractions’ and can operate.
– Organised angling competitions, angling club events and activities can take place as usual.
– Welsh tackle shops and fishery facilities are open. Face coverings are still required on public transport and in most indoor public places.
We remind anglers to be mindful of Welsh Government Covid-19 regulations.
We would urge anyone that has any concerns over their own health to use the NHS Coronavirus Symptom Checker.
If you have any questions relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19) visit the Public Health Wales website.
The Angling Trust has a dedicated and comprehensive Coronavirus resource hub for angling organisations and individuals. It can be accessed here.