Fishing In Wales EU GDPR Policy Summary. Updated 05/11/2019.
Fishing In Wales has implemented an ongoing process to ensure GDPR compliance since late 2017.
- FIW only retain your first name and email address; no other personally identifiable information is held.
- Your email address is used solely to send you periodic newsletter emails to update you on our activities, also for marketing purposes, e.g surveys, which may request information on your fishing activities or requirements.
- Your information is retained on a secure, encrypted server and will never be used other than for the above stated purpose by FIW (Angling Trust)
- Your data will never be passed to any third party other than the Angling Trust, Wye & Usk Foundation, Visit Wales, Goodform Group and NRW Wales.
- You may unsubscribe at any time with immediate effect by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link which appears at the foot of all emails sent to you.
- Alternatively you may use the contact form below to request we delete your data. This will be actioned promptly and confirmed to you when done.
Fishing In Wales supports and fully acknowledges its responsibilities under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force in May 2018.
The EU GPDR enforces key principles to protect the individual and their personally identifiable information (PII).
Lawful: Any data processing must meet the tests described in GDPR [article 5, clause 1(a)].
Transparent: A clear and concise definition of what data processing will be done.
Fair: All processing carried out must conform with how the processing has been described.
Minimised: Only store the minimum amount of data for the required purpose.
Accurate: Ensure data is accurate.
Limited: Store data no longer than is necessary, and delete data permanently if requested by the subject.
Confidential: Ensure data is held securely and, if stored in “the cloud” it is encrypted by default.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can audit any organisation to assess whether they are compliant or not.
For further information on GDPR please click here.