by anglers, for anglers
Picture this scenario: you’ve bought your day or season ticket and you arrive waterside to set up for your fishing session. As you’re putting your rod together a family pitches up nearby and proceeds to jump into the water! Squealing and splashing about, they’re having a great time.read more
The Angling Trust is currently running a survey to help find out about the needs of clubs and fisheries across the country.read more
Fisheries are worth about £150m to the economy each year and support about 1,500 jobs.read more
Tucked away quietly on the Natural Resources Wales website are some pages that should be of interest to all salmon and sea trout anglers on Welsh rivers.read more
Allow me to kick off our new blog with a big thanks to all the thousands of visitors who come and browse our site every month.read more
Do you have something to say? Our audience is approaching 10,000 unique visitors a month. We’re probably the largest platform there is to reach Welsh sea, game & coarse anglers.
Here are some pointers as to how you can publish your articles at Fishing in Wales:
- All you (or anyone you know – please spread the word!) would need to do is simply type up an article / editorial of any length.
- Articles can be anything such as opinion pieces, news, views, publicity for upcoming events / competitions etc, reviews of events, personal diaries eg. a write-up of a fishing trip (in Wales!) etc. – pretty much anything you can think of which would be of relevance to about 10,000 sea, game & coarse anglers, however obliquely!
- Give it a headline and then email it across with any pictures you’d like to use (or even video links).
- Every item does require at least one image, but don’t worry if you don’t have anything specific to hand we’ll find something generic applicable to your subject material.
- Also let us know if you want anything specific regarding your position in relevant organisations for your by-line: eg. Chair, Your Club. Or if you prefer to just publish under your name only (or even a pseudonym!)
- Also let us know if you would like links on the page back to any other websites you would like to publicise to the FiW audience – a maximum of 2 links please.
- We do reserve the right to adjudicate whether a submission is suitable for our audience. And we reserve the right to sub-edit for spelling, grammar and libel!
- Then we’ll set up a new post on the FiW blog and let you know when it’s published so you can publicise the page link.
- The author will retain copyright of the content published at FiW, and can request removal at any time if required.